The first Eee Pad Transformer TF101 from Asus was unveiled a year ago and came up with Android 3.0 Honeycomb and since then the device also received custom ROMs. Now, a Jelly Bean-based AOKP ROM has been unveiled fort this particular device and this is specifically for the Transformer owners. The ROM accompanies the goodies of the Jelly Bean as well as the AOKP but is likely to have a few bugs as it is not an official ROM. Well, the 3G is still broken but is likely to be fixed in the near future while the Dock functions works.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for the Eee Pad Transformer, model number TF101 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery
• Original USB data cable of your tablet
• Computer with web access
• Download: AOKP Jelly Bean ROM package (full_tf101_unofficial_Sep-18-12.zip, md5sum: de75fc39087678e0ab4d9092900895d0) and GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, 83.1 MB, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 75% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM package as well as the GApps package to the SD card of your tablet
2. Turn off your tablet and then boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. When you see words scrolling upwards in the top-left area of the screen, you need to press the Volume Up button within 5 seconds so that your tablet enters into recovery.
3. Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM and this you can do by navigating to ‘Backup’ and select ‘Restore’ and then select ‘Backup.’
4. Next, you need to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and on the next screen, you need to confirm the action and then wait for the process to complete.
5. Now, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and go to the AOKP ROM ZIP file. Here, select the file and confirm the action on the next screen so that the installation of the ROM starts.
6. After the installation of the ROM is done, you need to install the GApps package in the same way as you did in steps 5 and 6.
7. Once the installation of GApps is complete, you need to select ‘Go back’ and select ‘Reboot system now.’ With this, your tablet will reboot into the new AOKP ROM.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, you have successfully installed the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM on your Eee Pad Transformer TF101.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.