The developer community is giving much importance to the Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700 even if it’s a device rolled out two years back. The developers are coming up with Jelly Bean custom ROMs for this device. The device was unveiled being running on Android 2.1 Eclair and since then it has not been updated. This time a Jelly Bean-based CyanogenMod 10 official ROM has just been unveiled for this device. This update has been unveiled by CMTeamEpic in order to bring all the amazing features which are enhanced in the fastest and smooth running Jelly Bean platform in thus CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM.
Things to be noted
• This is an official release from CyanogenMod and is in the nightly stage and hence is likely to be present.
• But is said to be more stable as updates will be applied.
• The instructions below are only applicable for the Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint), model number SPH-D700.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) SPH-D700 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Original USB Data cable of your device.
• Download the latest official CyanogenMod 10 ROM nightly package for the D700 and also download GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, 83.1 MB, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7).
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the Official CyanogenMod 10 ROM and the GApps package to the SD card of your device.
2. Turn off your phone and boot it into the ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Camera, and Power buttons simultaneously till the boots into recovery mode. Use the Volume keys to navigate and in order to select, use Power button.
3. Create a NANDroid backup of your current ROM and this you can do by navigating to Backup and Restore and select Backup.
4. Next, chose Wipe data/factory reset and then confirm the action on the next display.
5. Wait for a few minutes so that process is complete. Then select ‘Install ZIP from SD card.’
6. Now, select ‘chose ZIP from SD card and go to the CM10 ROM ZIP file. Here, select the file and confirm the action on the next display and this will initiate the installation of the ROM to your phone.
7. Once the installation is complete, you need to install the GApps package in the same procedure as you did in steps 5 and 6.
8. Once you are done with the installation of GApps, select ‘Go back’ and choose ‘Reboot system now’ and you device will reboot into the new CM10 ROM.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that your Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) SPH-D700 has been updated with the official CyanogenMod 10 ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.