U.S. Motorola Atrix 2 owners and users, you guys are really lucky as your devices are gonna get updated with a new avatar. There have been a lot of changes brought to features and user interface along with many additions and enhancements. As a matter of fact, this update is carried out via WiFi and hence if you want to update, check out your WiFi connectivity. This software upgrade version is entitled as 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US. Earlier, in a preceding article, we had discussed about the Tutorial to Flash AOSP Jellybean based on Cyanogen Mod 10 on Motorola Atrix 2. But in this article, we will discuss how to upgrade Motorola Atrix 2 with Official ICS 4.0 firmware.
Features of Motorola Atrix 2
• Addition of SMARTACIONS app, the one used for the personalization of phone in a easier way and which also enables to improve battery life and has a facility which sends text to missed callers
• Addition of the Face Unlock feature
• Replacement of Contacts app by People app granting rich profile pics along with information
• Facility to capture screenshots
User Interface Features
• Additions of a new look featuring new color, fonts, icons and animations to UI
• Quick dialer, sms, camera as well homescreen
• Addition of a new folder option so that you can group-up apps
• Facility to drag apps to the folder
• Update to Apps and widgets with All apps screen
• Improved notification bar along with features like swiping to dismiss/ access setting menu for individual announcement
• Addition of toggles in the navigation settings menu with features like WiFi, Bluetooth and airplane mode
• Enhanced Keyboard featuring speedy input word suggestion and correction
• Improved Email app
• Improved Camera featuring some tweaks such as volume key for shutter, zoom, look and feel control and many more.
• Upgraded Voice input
• The Webtop interface has been updated to Ice Cream Sandwich tablet along with optimization of the screen
• Additions of AT&T apps, Google apps along with latest versioned pre-loaded apps
1. Motorola Atrix 2
2. Web access or Wifi connectivity on phone
3. Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 60% so that it does not shut in between the process.
4. Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process.
Manual ICS Update
Firstly, you need to switch on your WiFi on your device and hence enable the web access as well and hereafter you need to tap on a few selections. Tap and navigate one after the other on the following: Menu> Settings> About phone> Software update> Update. Then tap on the download option in order to download the update and then tap on ‘install now’ option so that the installation of the update is initiated. Once the installation is complete, you device will automatically turn off and then reboot the device into the new update. The time taken for the total process depends on the speed of your network and internet connectivity.
If you have your data connectivity switched on always, you will receive a message on notification bar. Here, what you need to do is drag the bar, tap on the ‘information’ option and then follow the instruction provided thereby.
Well, Motorola Atrix 2 users are about to get the odin process of updating the device to Android 4.0. For the time being, you guys can cope up with the official update.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.