Well, I would suggest you not to be waiting for the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean if you are a Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 owner as its not gonna be unveiled and hence, hope not. But you can run Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Infuse 4G by a custom ROM named as the CodeName Android. This amazing custom ROM has been developed based on the clean, stock version of Android 4.1.1 build JRO03L and this is likely to provide you with pure stock Android experience. Special thanks to XDA Developers member Th3Bill for coming up and unveiling this amazing CodeName Android ROM which is accorded with a good number of customization options and many more features. Now, if you want to get on to this ROM, you can follow the guide below to upgrade Infuse 4G I997 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CodeName Android ROM.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Samsung Infuse 4G, model number SGH-I997 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• A Samsung Infuse 4G installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• USB data cable of the phone.
• Download: CodeName Android 3.6.6 ROM package (CNA_Aries_3.6.6_Signed_Th3Bill.zip, md5sum: 1d8bbb84d265a9c2d55e31a2801dc349)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the CodeName Android 3.6.6 ROM package to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Next, you need to boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously till the screen is turned on and with this the phone should boot into the recovery mode.
Keep in mind that you can make use of the Volume keys in order to navigate and the Power button in order to make a selection of an option while in recovery.
4. Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM and this you can do by navigating to “Backup and Restore” and then select “Backup.”
5. Select “Wipe data/ Factory reset” and then on the next screen, you need to confirm the action.
6. Select “Wipe cache partition” and then on the next screen, you need to confirm the action.
7. Select “Advanced” and select “Wipe Dalvik cache” and then on the next screen, you need to confirm the action.
8. Select “Install ZIP from SD Card.”
9. Select “Choose ZIP from SD Card” and go to the “CNA_Aries_3.6.6_Signed_Th3Bill.zip” file and select the file and then on the next screen, you need to confirm the action so that the installation of the ROM starts.
10. When you are done with the installation of the ROM, select “Go back” and select “Reboot system now” and with this, your phone will be rebooted to the new CodeName Android ROM.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully installed the CodeName Android ROM to your Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.