In the past days, a lot of updates for the flagship device of Samsung called the Galaxy S3 were leaked. Among these huge number of leaks, one version is the UVDLI8 of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and is applicable for the T-Mobile variant (SGH-T999) of the device. Special thanks to XDA Developers and its member named as djintrigue808, who put efforts to come out with a Jelly Bean custom Rom called FrostyJB by using the leaked OTA update.
FrostyJB is quite alike the UVDLI8 Jelly Bean ROM leak, but is much enhanced and hence can be flashed using ClockworkMod Recovery with not much efforts. This custom ROM has the necessary features which are smooth buttery interface, Google Voice, smarter keyboard, and faster browser. The most amazing fact about this ROM is that it comes pre-rooted and is stripped of all T-Mobile bloatware.
Things to be noted
• The instructions are only applicable for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the FrostyJB ROM ZIP file to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Next, you need to boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously till the phone boots. You can navigate by using the Volume buttons and in order to select an option, you can use Power button.
4. Now, make a NANDroid backup of your device’s ROM and this you can do by selecting Backup and Restore and on the next screen and select Backup again. Now, navigate to the main recovery after you are done with the backup.
5. Now, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’, then on the next screen, select ‘Yes’ in order to confirm data wipe.
6. Next, select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and confirm the action on the next screen.
7. Navigate to the main menu and select ‘Advanced’ and then select ‘Wipe Dalvik cache’ and confirm the action on the next screen.
8. Chose ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’. Here, you need to browse to find out the downloaded ROM file and then select it. On the next screen, confirm the installation by selecting ‘Yes’ and this will initiate the installation of the ROM on your device.
9. Now, you need to carry out or repeat the 6th and 7th steps.
10. Navigate to Advanced and select ‘Fix permissions.’
11. Once the installation of the ROM finished, select ‘Go Back’ to navigate to the main recovery menu and then select ‘Reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
12. Once the booting is over, leave your device for nearly 5 to 10 minutes and then reboot your phone once again.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SGH-T999 has been updated with the FrostyJB ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.