The Ice Cream Sandwich updates are unveiled by Samsung most often but any devices are still getting ICS updates while Jelly Bean smells around. These devices after tasting ICS are likely to cherish Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update in them. Samsung seems to be compelling the U.S. carriers to provide Jelly Bean update for its Galaxy S3 which us the company’s flagship device. Back a few weeks, a good number of Jelly Bean update was leaked for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and the international variant too.
Now, if you are one of those users who cannot wait anymore for the updates to be rolled out, you can manually install the leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware VLALI update. Follow the instructions below to upgrade the Galaxy S3 I747M to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build VLALI (leaked firmware).
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Bell Galaxy S3, model number SGH-I747M and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M running on the stock and non-rooted Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build VLALH1 with stock Android recovery.
• Download: leaked Android 4.1.1 build VLALI OTA update for Bell Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M_I747MVLALI-OTA-I747MVLALH_BMC_322447427.zip, 307.5 MB)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Windows Computer with web access
• The USB drivers of the handset should be installed on the computer and you can also do this by installing Samsung Kies.
• Enable USB debugging on your device.
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
• Install any extracting software such as winzip or 7zip on your PC.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the update package ZIP file to the internal SD card of your device.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Now, you need to reboot your phone into the stock Android recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously till the Samsung logo appears in the screen. Once it appears, release the Power button and with this recovery menu should appear.
4. Now, making use of the Volume buttons, you need to highlight ‘Apply update from SD card’ or highlight ‘Apply update from internal storage.’ Make use of the Power button to select it.
5. Next, on the upcoming screen, you need to select the update package ZIP file which you had earlier copied to the SD card of your phone. Make use of the Power button to select it and start the upgrade.
6. Once the upgrading process starts, it takes up to 4 to 8 minutes and once it is complete, your phone will reboot.
7. In case the phone does not reboot automatically, then you need to select ‘Reboot system now’ from the recovery menu.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that have successfully installed the leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build VLALI on your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.