The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is likely to take a long time. Therefore, its users should go for flashing the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean-based custom ROM CyanogenMod 10. CyanogenMod offers latest custom-baked ROM to many Android based devices. Users of the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 are lucky to enjoy pure and modified Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The team of CyanogenMod has unveiled nightly builds for this particular device and hence its likely to have a few bugs in it. Follow the guide below in order to upgrade your Galaxy S3 L710 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10 (official nightly).
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the CyanogenMod 10 nightly build and GApps package to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Next, you need to reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power keys simultaneously until recovery boots.
4. Make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM and this you can do by navigating to “Backup and Restore” and select “Backup” on the next screen.
5. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm the action on the next screen.
6. Select “Wipe cache partition” and confirm the action on the next screen.
7. Navigate to the main menu and select “Advanced” and from here, select “Wipe Dalvik cache” and confirm the action on the next screen.
8. Select “Install ZIP from SD card.”
9. Select “Choose ZIP from SD card” and locate the CyanogenMod 10 nightly build ROM ZIP file. Next, confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM to your mobile phone.
10. Likewise, flash the GApps package in the same manner as you did in steps 8 and 9.
11. Navigate back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 has been upgraded to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean by flashing the CyanogenMod 10 nightly ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.