AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 users, a good number of custom ROMs enable you to enjoy the fast and smooth User Interface of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Well, the CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP custom ROMs facilitate you with pure experience of the Jelly Bean platform of the Google. Now, if you wish to be benefitted with a new Android skin as well as the Jelly Bean goodies, then you can prefer to flash MIUI.us v4.1 ROM on your device.
The MIUI.us brings a new look to your device as it is designed with combinations of the sleekness of iOS and Android platforms fused in a single ROM. It also accompanies features such as theme support, custom stock apps, privacy features and many more as well. Follow the discussions below to upgrade your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the MIUI v4.1 ROM.
Things to be noted
• This is not an official Samsung ROM for your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 and hence some bugs or malfunctioning features are likely to exist.
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, model number SGH-I727 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Download: MIUI.us v4.1 ROM for the I727(MIUI.us_skyrocket_v4.1_220.127.116.11_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip, md5sum:b08fe038761bb46c42526758fef36c54) and DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE scripts (SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip, md5sum: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the MIUI ROM and the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE packages to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Now, you need to reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode and this you can do by pressing and holding Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button together till your device boots into the Recovery.
4. Here, make a NANDroid backup of your current ROM and this you can do by selecting ‘Backup and Restore’ from the main menu and then selecting ‘Backup’ on the next screen. Wait for a few seconds till you are done with t he backup.
5. Navigate to the main menu and then select ‘Install ZIP from SD card.’
6. Now, you need to select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and then you need to find out the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ZIPfile. On the next screen, confirm the action so that the data is fully wiped.
7. Likewise, you need to flash the MIUI ROM file in the same process as you did it in steps 5 and 6.
8. Finally, navigate to the main menu and select ‘Reboot system now’ with which you phone will reboot.
Once you are done with the above instructions, know that you have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the MIUI.us v4.1 ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.