A good number of custom ROMs facilitate for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 device. CyanogenMod 10 and AOKP custom ROMs are something that grants pure Jelly Bean experience but if you are the one who wants to have a new Android skin along with the Jelly Bean goodies, you can try the MIUI.us v4.1 ROM. MIUI.us has a new look and interface on your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727.
A combination of the sleek designs of iOS and Android united into a single ROM is what its design elements are. It features theme support, custom stock apps, privacy features, etc. This is not an official Samsung ROM for your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 and hence bugs are likely to be there.
Things to noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, model number SGH-I727 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
• Download: MIUI.us v4.1 ROM for the I727 (MIUI.us_skyrocket_v4.1_126.96.36.199_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip, md5sum: b08fe038761bb46c42526758fef36c54) and DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE scripts (SGH-T989_DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip, md5sum: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb)
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the MIUI ROM and the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE packages to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Reboot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button simultaneously until recovery boots.
4. Make a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM and this you can do this by, selectig Backup and Restore from the main recovery menu and then select Backup on the next screen. Wait until the backup process is done.
5. Navigate to the main menu and select ‘Install ZIP from SD card.’
6. Now, select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and locate the DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ZIPfile and then confirm the action on the next screen to fully wipe the data on your phone.
7. Likewise, flash the MIUI ROM file in the same manner as you did in steps 5 and 6.
8. Navigate to the main menu and select ‘Reboot system now’ to restart your phone.
When you are done with t5he above instructions, know that you have successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket I727 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the MIUI.us v4.1 ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.