Here is another custom ROM for the AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 users and this time, its unofficial and is called the CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM. Well, this ROM is Jelly Bean-based and accompanies some amazing features as well. In spite of waiting for the official Jelly Bean, custom ROM are a good preference in order to get the benefits and Jelly Bean like UI. Special thanks to XDA Developers member natewiebe13 for unveiling this unofficial CM10 ROM and this is a continuation of the leftover work of another XDA Developers’ member ManelScout4Life. ManelScout4Life had previously come up with the Liquid Smooth Jelly Bean ROM. Follow the guide below to upgrade the Galaxy Note I717 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10 (unofficial).
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note, model number SGH-I717 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update
• AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 installed with TWRP Recovery.
• USB data cable of your phone
• Download: Unofficial CM10 ROM package for the I717 (cm-10-20121006-UNOFFICIAL-quincyatt.zip, 160 MB) and GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the CM10 ROM package and the GApps package to the SD card of your device.
2. Turn off your device.
3. Now, boot your device into TWRP Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously until the screen turns on. Then release the Power button but keep pressing the Volume keys until the phone enters TWRP Recovery.
4. Create a backup of your present ROM and you can do this by tapping on “Backup” and slide the blue circle located at the bottom to the right.
5. Navigate back to main recovery menu.
6. Select “Wipe” and select “Factory reset” and then confirm the action on the next screen.
7. Select “Wipe Dalvik cache” and wait for the process to finish.
8. Select “Install” and navigate to the ZIP file of the ROM and then confirm the action to start installing the ROM to your phone.
9. When the installation of the ROM is done, install the GApps package in the same way as in step 8.
10. Select “Reboot system now” and with this your phone will be rebooted into the newly installed ROM.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully installed the unofficial CyanogenMod 10 ROM to your AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.