One of the most popular Android smartphone Samsung Galaxy S I9000 has got another update and this time it is the XXJVT Juwe’s Custom ROM. This is the version 6.0 of Juwe’s Smart Edition Custom ROM. This ROM is super stable and provides amazing battery back up along with roaring fast performance. It also comes with a number of add-ons on the base ROMs that we have mentioned in this article.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is only applicable to Samsung Galaxy S I9000, I9000M, I9000T and Infuse 4G smartphones that are network unlocked and not for Galaxy S I9000B users so do not try it in any other devices as it might not be reversible and will harm the device by blocking it.
In order to install this custom ROM you need to be on a rooted Gingerbread firmware. It is suggested that you flash from the XXJVT version. If you are not sure about the current firmware version you are running on, then follow the path … where you will discover the Android OS version. Check out the links given below to root and then update your Galaxy S with gingerbread XXJVT 2.3.5 firmware.
Let’s take a glance at some of the features
of Juwe ROM.
- Based on official Gingerbread 2.3.5 and comes with 336 MB RAM, ZRAM, Multi CSC, APN List, SIP, BLN, OC/UV, Lag fix, Voodoo sound, Custom Boot Animation and Clock Work Mod
- It is De-Odexed, Rooted and Zip aligned
- Includes Scripts like SD Card script, Zip align, Bash and Tweaks such as Fugu Tweaks for the best system optimization.
- Also has TouchWiz 3/4 Launcher, Superuser + Busybox, EFS Back up Script to automatically back up EFS Folder during flash, Better battery life, 10 Unlock screens, Extended power menu, White Overall Glow animation and CRT Screen off animation
- Contains Modded system apps like Dialer, Phone, Camera, Browser and System UI, 3 Keyboards like Swype, Samsung KB, Gingerbread KB
- 3D Performance has been fixed and Apps, Framework, PNGs have been optimized
You ought to backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will help you to replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update Stable Juwe Custom ROM in Galaxy S:
Step-1: Download Juwe Custom ROM Package from the Must Have section to your computer. Connect the smartphone via original USB Cable obtained at purchase time and copy the downloaded zip file to your phone’s SD Card without renaming or modifying it. Do not place the files deep in any sub-folders else it won’t get detected.
Step-2: Power off your phone to enter into Recovery mode by pressing Volume up key + Menu button and holding both press Power button simultaneously. In Recovery mode choose “Wipe data/Factory reset” then “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all cache data present in phone.
You can refer to the video posted below to know more on how to enter into Recovery mode
Step-3: Next choose “Install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” then select the Juwe Custom ROM Zip file placed in your phone to begin the updation process. It will take 10-15 minutes for the updation process to complete. After the updation process is complete, you will again land up in Recovery mode. Now choose “++++Go Back++++” then “Reboot system now” option to reboot the phone.
If the device enters into boot loop mode then you have to re-apply the entire process again from the beginning. It might take more than the normal time to restart the device as it is the first reboot after firmware update. You can also update this package alternatively via Clock Work Mod Recovery.
Thus by following the above steps you can easily update Juwe v6.0 Custom ROM in Samsung Galaxy S.