With almost all the devices receiving the most awaited Android 4.0 firmware, now it’s HTC Desire HD’s turn. Here we have discussed the simple tutorial on how to install ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware in your HTC Desire HD smartphone. This new update otherwise known as Ice Cold Sandwich Android 3.0 firmware comes with a number of operational and non-operational features that we will taking a look at in a viagra 100mg price short while.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is only applicable to network unlocked HTC Desire HD smartphones so do not try it in any other devices as it might not be reversible and will harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a glance at some of the operational and non-operational features.
- Enhanced scrolling
- Volume link, ringer or notification option fixed
- DSP Manager removed
- APN updated
- Updated wifixmanager to V1.2 and SKIA engine to r3022
- USB tethering fixed
- Hot Reboot option added
- Call screen is 25% transparent and you can view the whole caller image
- Mobile Virtual Network Operator added
- National roaming can be turned On or Off
- Charge battery policy updated
- Gapps updated to 20120207
- Dictionaries, Messaging app and Browser, Propriatery libs, some default app settings like phone and contacts have been updated
- OutOfMemory error in logcat fixed
- Camera lib and app has been reworked
- Torch for powerwidget fix
- Russian language for t9 dialing and dial pads added
- Speed of notification panel animation has been doubled
- Soft button backlight in non-automatic backlight mod has been fixed
- Camera has glitches
- HD videos still not working nicely
- Some minor bugs
You must backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will help you replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update Ice Cold Sandwich 3.0 Android 4.0.3 Firmware in HTC Desire HD:
Step-1: Download Ice Cold Sandwich Android 3.0 Package from the Must Have section to your computer and connect your phone to the computer via original USB cable obtained at purchase time. Copy the downloaded zip file to the root folder of your phone’s SD Card.
Step-2: After you have copied all the files, remove the connected USB Cable and power off the phone to enter into Recovery mode. The Recovery Mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down button and Power button simultaneously. In Recovery mode select the option of “Clear Storage” to clear off all cache files present in your phone.
Step-3: Now choose ”Install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” and select the Ice Cold Sandwich Android 3.0 zip file placed in your phone. After the updation process is complete, you will again land up in Recovery mode. Now choose “++++Go Back++++” then “Reboot system now” option to restart the phone.
Thus you can easily update your HTC Desire HD smartphone with the latest Ice Cold Sandwich Android 3.0 firmware by following the steps mentioned above carefully.