It’s time to get sensational with HTC Sensation. Sensation users have received a new and popular release of ICS Android 4.0 firmware. This new firmware is known as Android Revolution HD 6.2.1 and is not the official release by HTC but is quiet stable and can be used for daily purpose. This new update ropes in a number of features and enhancements that we will be taking a look at in a short while.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is only applicable to HTC Sensation smartphones that are network unlocked so do not try it in any other devices as it might not be reversible and will harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that come with this new update.
Features and Enhancements:
- Software (CPU) rendering has been removed and now full Adreno220 (GPU) rendering
- Completely optimized and tweaked
- Root SU + SuperUser Permissions
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Enhanced Adreno220 configuration for better quality and performance
- Speed optimizations
- GPU UI rendering enabled
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration script
- Bloat ware applications such as Amazon MP3, Sound Hound, etc have been removed .
- All system applications have been updated to the latest available
- Enhanced camera performance, RAM management
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zip align on boot for user applications on data partition
- Fully de-odexed
- sysro/sysrw Command Support
- Superb battery life
- Enhanced EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
- SD card EXT4 partition support
- Open VPN support
- 4EXT Recovery
- Replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Almost 24hrs a day support
You must backup all user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will enable you to replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update HTC Sensation with Android Revolution HD Custom ICS 4.0 ROM Firmware:
Before proceeding into the updation instructions your HTC Sensation should have S Off and rooted along with Clock Work Mod Recovery and 4EXT Touch Recovery installed.
Step-1: Download Android Revolution Custom ROM Package and Super Wipe Package from the Must Have section to your computer.
Step-2: Power off your phone to enter into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down Key + Power Button simultaneously. When the phone powers on, choose “Boot loader” by pressing Power button.
Step-3: In Recovery mode, choose “Backup and Restore” to create a back up of the existing working ROM then select “Wipe data/factory reset” > “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all cache present in your device. Next choose ”Install zip from SD Card” > “Choose zip from SD Card” and select the “Super Wipe Package Script” followed by ICS Android Revolution 4.0.3 Package.
Step-4: After the device is updated with this custom ROM, choose the option of “Reboot system now” to reboot your phone. In case the process gets stuck somewhere in the middle then, you have to re-apply the entire procedure again from the beginning. You can now restore the back up of all the data created and aslo re-configure the APN, Internet and other Settings.
Thus you can easily update your HTC Sensation smartphone with ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware by following the steps mentioned above carefully.