HTC Desire HD users can now easily update their smartphones with the latest version of an all new and popular custom ROM called HD Revolution. It is to be noted here that while applying this update the phone will get rooted and thus void its warranty. However you can reclaim the warranty by again applying the original update.This rooting process is only applicable to unlocked phones that is phones capable of running on any sim card operators and not on a contract phone.
Best Features of HTC Desire HD Revolution Custom ROM:
- It is based on Official RUU 3.06.405.1 Gingerbread 2.3.5 HTC Sense 3.0 that looks like a stock ROM with optional visual changes.
- Complete HTC Sense 3.0 Interface with multi-language support like Hebrew and Arabic.
- It supports set CPU Application to over clock processing speed and comes with 184.108.40.206 Kernel.
- It provides two way call recording feature and better Wi-Fi modules with improved drivers for faster Wi-Fi speeds.
- Better RAM Optimization for faster phone performance and improved 2D, 3D Graphics performance provided with PU+patch.
- Advanced Menu power with CRT Animation and SD Card with EXT4support for faster data transfer.
- All system applications updated to latest versions and bloat ware applications like Amazon, MP3, Sound Hound are removed.
- Camera’s performance is improved with enhanced battery life and auto calibrated battery.
- Device partitions have been mounted and formatted to EXT4 file system instead of EXT3 with theme support and a variety of customizations.
- Completely de odexed ROM and many bloat ware default apps have been removed.
- Supports boot animation of the latest Galaxy Nexus Ice Cream Sandwich, Superuser and busybox without any errors and custom boot animation designs.
You ought to backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will enable you to replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Install HD Revolution custom ROM in HTC Desire HD:
Step-1: Enable USB Debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
Download and install ROM Manager application. After installation is over, open it and select “Backup Current ROM” option so that you will be back to the current firmware installed in your phone. You can also directly restore this current firmware backup if you wish to revert back to the original version.
Step-2: Download HTC Desire HD Revolution Custom ROM to your computer and connect your phone to the computer via USB Cable. Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone’s SD Card without renaming or modifying it.
Step-3: After you finish copying, remove the connected USB Cable and power off your phone to enter into recovery mode. Now press Volume Down and Power button simultaneously and select “Recovery” option to enter into recovery mode then choose “install zip from sd card” option. You will see a list of files displayed on screen then select the file named as “Android_Revolution_HD-4G_6.1.5.zip”
Step-4: The updation process will be initiated as soon as you select and will get over in 5minutes. After this if you land up in recovery mode screen again choose the option of “++++ Go back ++++” and then “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
In case you are facing issues like force Close errors in your phone, first power Off your phone then enter into Recovery mode and select “Clear Storage” option. Press and release Power button then press Volume up key for YES so that all cache data present in your phone will be cleared.
By following the above mentioned steps carefully you can successfully update HD Revolution custom ROM in your HTC Desire HD. We are not responsible for any damage done to your device caused during firmware updation that is unlikely to happen if follow the instructions carefully.