One of the most popular custom ROM firmware named as Gamerz ROM is all set with the final version of its release. This custom ROM is ready to get installed in Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and supports all the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware. For users getting confused between ICS Build 15 and the latest RC 4.1 we recommend the Gamerz custom ROM over others as this is the final release. This new ROM is not just for gamers but is universally applicable for all users and comes with a number of enhancements and stability fixes that we will be taking a look at in a short while.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the fixing procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The fixing procedure is not recommended for basic users but is for advanced users and is only applicable to Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphones that are network unlocked. Do not apply it in any other models or in any other device as it might not be reversible and may harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the features that come with this Gamerz custom ROM.
Features of Gamerz ROM Final Version:
- JVU Based Value Pack
- Semaphore BIGMEM Kernel + Stock Colors
- GPU Drivers from JS8
- GamerzRom Manager
- CPU overclocked to default 1200mhz
- Custom AppFreezer
- Voodoo Sound v10
- Gaming Mode
- CRT ON – OFF Animations
- Tegrak overclock
- ICS Keyboard
- Green colors dyed to ICS blue
- ADW Launcher with ICS dock and search bar
- ICS Animations
- 80MB LMK
- Blue music and radio status bar controls
- Thunderbolt Scripts 2.4
- 3D Graphics Add-ON
- CFS Settings for best 3D Performance
- Zipalign script on boot.
- Sqloptimize script on boot
- EXT4 is optional
- Gmail, Youtube, Google updated
- Google search touch color changed orange to blue
- ES File Explorer, Stock Gallery 3D, Quick Office
- ICS blue overscroll glow
- Hacked camera, FM Radio, SMS
- Lockscreen red notification circle dyed to blue
- ICS Percentage battery
- ICS like status bar
- GamerzRom init.d script for improved stability
- Touchscreen sensivity increased
- ICS like thumb scrolling bars
- Clean up on framework + twframework for better performance
- Network Location, PicoTTS, SVOX, Voice search, AngryGPS on ROM
- Google Talk with Video
- Non-increasing ringtone mod
- Some nice wallpapers on SD-Card
- ICS Icons
- JVT modem for better stability
- Updated google services framework
- Robot fonts
- System sounds changed
- GPS Configuration for EUROPA
- Deoxt-Wrapper for better moding
- Patched for BLN
Backup all user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will enable you to replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update Gamerz ROM Custom Firmware in Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
Step-1: Download Gamerz ROM Package from the Must Have section to your computer and connect your smartphone to the computer via original USB Cable obtained at purchase time. Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone and be sure not to place the zip file deep into any sub-folders.
Step-2: After copying is over, open Odin and enable USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Make sure to tick the option of USB Debugging.
Step-3: Enter the device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button and holding both press Power button simultaneously. In Recovery mode choose the options of “Wipe data/factory reset” > “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all cache present in the device.
Step-4: Next select “install zip from SD Card” > “choose zip from SD Card” and choose the Gamerz Zip File placed in your phone. Wait for 5 – 10 minutes for the process to complete then select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” option to reboot the phone.
To confirm whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, navigate to the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will discover the firmware version as Gamerz ROM. If you find any other firmware version then re-apply the entire procedure again from the beginning.
Thus you can easily update your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone with the latest version of Gamerz ROM custom ROM firmware by following the steps mentioned above carefully.