A few days back, Samsung’s flagship device called the Galaxy S3 I9300 had been updated with the XXDLI6 firmware and at present, its time for the XXDLI7 Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. If you are interested and excited about this, then you can have access to the new version of pre-loaded Google apps, optimized Jellybean keyboard as well as fonts.
• The warranty of your device will not be hampered.
• There a long span of time yet to get the official update from Samsung.
• It would be a good choice to update the device with not much effort and hence enjoy Jellybean on Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
• The earlier rooted devices will lose their access and the warranty will be reclaimed and the users who desire to unroot their Galaxy S3 devices can follow the instructions below.
• Rooted or Unrooted Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
• PC with web access
• Original USB Data cable
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• When you transfer the zip file from your system on to your phone, enable the USB Debugging band this you can do by tapping settings->application->development-> tick the option.
1. Firstly, you need to download the XXDLI7 zip spackage on to your computer.
2. Using the USB data cable, connect your device to the computer and transfer the downloaded file to the SD card of your phone. Do not place it in any sub folder as detection in the recovery mode won’t be possible which is to be carried out further.
3. Turn off your Galaxy S3 device and enter the device into recovery mode and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, the Home and turn ON keys of the device simultaneously.
4. When you are in the Recovery mode, select the ‘install zip from sd card’ option and then choose ‘zip from sd card.’ For this, you can use the volume key and power button to confirm and select as well.
5. Wait for a few while so that the installation of the firmware package in the device is complete. Navigate back and select ‘reboot system now’ option.
6. Here, the device reboots to the normal mode and the Jellybean firmware is accessed.
7. While the device reboots, if its stops or gets stuck while the logo appears, you need to press the Power button continuously, reinsert the battery and start the procedure from step 3 or 4.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.