The official Android 4.1.1 Jellybean has been leaked for the Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE and is called the XXALI5 featuring the advance version of the Jellybean platform. So, if you are among the ones who are looking forward to purchase this particular phone, then get it home and then update it. If you looking forward to buy this phone then bring the device home and update it. Normally, the Galaxy S3 comes running on Ice Cream Sandwich platform of Google but now you are facilitated to update it with the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. You can follow the instructions below in order to carry out the update.
Thins to be noted
• Do check the model number of your device and this you can do by tapping on settings>about phone> Model number.
• You should be on the Optus Network.
• Once you update your device with the official firmware, your device’s root will be cancelled and hence you need to root it again.
• This update is carried out by the ODIN process.
• Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE I9305
• Computer with web access
• Original USB data cable
• Samsung KIES should be installed on your computer so that your device is detected
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Enable USB Debugging on your device
2. Extract the file, open it and turn off your device.
3. Now, enter into the download mode by pressing Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously. Do this till the device is in the download mode.
4. Using the USB data cable, connect your device to the computer and the ODIN detects your device immediately with a PASS being displayed on the screen.
5. Next, click on PDA in ODIN and then
Click Phone & select MODEM,
Click CSC & select CSC
Click on PIT and select .pit file
Make sure that you do not forget to tick the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options.
6. Once the process comes to an end, your device reboots automatically and do keep it connected till it boots to the normal mode.
Once you are done with the above steps, know that you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE with Official Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.