Good news for you if you are a Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 owner as the Cyanogen Mod 10 update is ready for your device. With this, you can get the latest bug fixed firmware update even if there is no official release from Samsung for Galaxy S PLUS device. It would be a wise decision to get on this update and have the benefits of the Jellybean Android 4.1.1.
Things to be noted
• While certain things work, the camera feature and the headset audio is not working.
• The features which work are AV, phone call, wifi, Bluetooth, USB, HW accelerated GUI and video and proximity sensor.
• With this update, the Use Interface is 60% faster.
• You will have to root you device in order to get this update and once your device is rooted, it loses its warranty.
• Rooted Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001
• Computer with web access
• Original USB data cable
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Enable the USB Debugging and you can do this by tapping on Settings> Applications> Development> USB debugging
• On your device, install Root checker app and ROM Manager app from the Google Play
1. Firstly, you need to download CM10 package on to your computer.
2. Next, you need to download GApps package on to your computer.
3. Using the USB data cable, connect your device to the computer and transfer the downloaded files to the SD card of your device from your computer. Make sure that you do not save it in any of the subfolders as the files won’t be detected in the recovery mode.
4. Disconnect the USB cable and turn off your S Plus device. Press Volume Up key, Home and Power button simultaneously so that your phone enters into Recovery Mode and then release all the buttons once the screen turns on.
You can also enter into the Recovery Mode by opening the ROM Manager while the phone is on. You should not backup the data using ROM Manager as it is likely to brick your device.
5. Now, when you are in the Recovery Mode, select ‘clean the cache’ and ‘wipe the data.’ Then select ‘install zip from SD card’ and ‘choose from the SD card’ and wait for a few minutes here.
6. Select ‘Go back’ and then select ‘reboot system now’ and here, wait for a few minutes so that the phone boots into the normal mode.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully installed the CM 10 on your Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.