Verizon Wireless has released a major update for Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx smartphones in United States. Droid Razr and Razr Maxx are the best Motorola Mobility smartphones produced by Motorola recently and are priced at $299 for Droid Razr and $199.99 for Razr Maxx 16 GB variant. This is the new Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update can be applied Over The Air so we suggest users to proceed only when you have Wi-Fi signal connected with your 3G or 4G plans to avoid additional expense. This new update comes with a host of enhancements that we will be taking a look at in a short while.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is only applicable to Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx smartphones that are network unlocked. Do not apply it in any other device as it might not be reversible and may harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the enhancements that come with this new update.
- Mobile hot spot will work perfectly on all devices
- Improvements in mobile hotspot security
- VZ navigator supports latest 3D maps and improves performances
- Voice mail messages can be marked as read
- Visual voice mail can be subscribed or unsubscribed
- V Cast application is pre loaded with this update
- MotoCast can be installed easily
- Stable connectivity after turning on Wi-Fi or data connectivity when Airplane Mode is disabled
- Data reception on low signal 4G environments is improved
- Battery life lasts longer while using Phone Book Access Profile Bluetooth headsets
- Multi media ringtones can be saved now
- Favorite contacts widgets and device stability has been improved
- During OTA update remaining time display will be correctly displayed
- CMAS i.e., Commercial Mobile Alert Service include
You ought to backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup can help you replace the lost data if any damage occurs. The software version is of 152 MB size and it might take around 30-90 minutes for the whole process to complete that is dependent on network conditions and reception. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update Android 2.3.6 to Motorola Droid Razr & Razr Maxx:
Step-1: In case you have received any notifications from Verizon or Motorola then you can easily update your smartphone by following the on-screen instructions. And in case you did not receive any notifications or have skipped upgrading during the notification period then follow the path from the home screen of your phone Menu > Settings > About phone > System Update and click on Download.
Step-2: The downloading process may take more than 30 minutes and after downloading of files is complete, click on the option of Install Now. The handset will turn off then power on showing the progress bar with installation icon. After installation is over turn off your phone again and reboot it.
Step-3: Finally after the upgrade is over you will get notified about it. You can manually check the Android version in your phone from the path Menu > Settings > About Phone where you can see both the Android version and software version of your smartphone.
Thus you can easily update your Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx smartphones with the latest Android 2.3.6 firmware by following the steps mentioned above carefully.