The Google Nexus 10 running on Android 4.2, the upgraded version of Jelly Bean has the ability to unlock its bootloader with ease. As a matter of fact, every Nexus device provides this facility but one should keep in mind that unlocking the Nexus 10′s bootloader may lead to some risks which include risk of the device becoming unusable. But an unlocked bootloader is the very 1st thing which gives you the facility to customize your Nexus 10 completely. Follow the guide below to unlock or relock the Nexus 10 bootloader.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Google Nexus 10 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Google Nexus 10.
• Windows PC
• USB drivers of the tablet installed on the PC
• Enable USB debugging
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all
your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
• Download: Fastboot package (Fastboot.zip, 404.46 kB).
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
How to Unlock the Nexus 10 Bootloader
1. Firstly, you need to extract the Fastboot ZIP package to your PC and with this, you will acquire a folder titled as “Fastboot.”
2. Switch off your Nexus 10.
3. Now, you need to boot your Nexus 10 into the Fastboot Mode and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and the Power buttons simultaneously till the screen is turned on.
4. Using the USB cable, you need to connect the Nexus 10 to your computer.
5. Here, you need to open a command prompt and take it to the “Fastboot” folder.
6. Enter the command: “fastboot devices” and with this, the serial number of your tablet should appear on the screen and in case, it doesn’t appear, check whether you have installed the USB drivers properly or not.
7. Enter the command: “fastboot oem unlock” and with this, a warning message should appear on the screen of the tablet and here, you need to confirm the action by selecting “Yes.”
8. When the tablet has rebooted, know that you are done with unlocking.
How to Relock the Nexus 10 Bootloader
1. First of all, you need to carry out the steps 1 to 6 discussed above.
2. Enter the command: “fastboot oem lock” and with this, your Nexus 10′s bootloader will be re-locked.
Keep in mind that you have to go back to your tablet completely to stock first so that it boots.
3. Enter the command: “fastboot reboot” so that your tablet reboots.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully unlocked or relocked your Google Nexus 10′s bootloader and now you can root your tablet, install custom ROMs, and flash custom recovery images.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.