Here is good news for you if you are a Motorola Atrix 2 owner as Jellybean update is ready for your device and you need not use your old User interface anymore. You can now flash Cyanogen Mod 10 which is AOSP Jellybean based on to your Motorola Atrix 2 in order to fix bugs. A lot of users of the device were troubled with unstable updates but things have changed as they can now experience Jelly Bean. Well, special thanks to one of the developers at the xda developers named as the wanggjghost for unveiling this unofficial update of the Jellybean.
Things to be noted:
• Camera, video and a few more things are not working.
• Changelogs made are home button, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi and many are fixed as well.
• The problem with dialing is fixed along with small fixation.
• There is no problem for the one who is not using camera on daily basis.
• Developers are putting efforts to solve rest of the problems and issues as soon as possible.
• The update has been tested by the developers on AT&T and MB865 model, resulting no issues.
• Motorola Atrix 2 being rooted and running on ICS ROM which implies that the ICS is the stock ROM and it should be installed with third party recovery.
• PC with web access.
• USB Data cable of your device.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
1. Firstly, you need to download the AOSP Jellybean package on to your computer.
2. Next, install the bootstrap in order to flash the ROM. This is because support to bootmenu dual system is not granted.
3. Using the USB Data cable, connect your device to your PC and transfer the downloaded file to the SD card of your phone and then detach the USB cable.
4. Turn off your phone and then turn it on again as support boot menu manager is not provided.
5. When you switch on the phone, you will find the led turning red when the phone boots. At this point of time, you need to keep the Volume down key pressed logo appears in order to boot the phone into CM bootmenu.
6. Here, you need to wipe out the cache and reset factory as well when the phone is in recovery mode.
7. Once the above steps are done, you need to select the zip file and then flash the package.
8. Finally, select reboot system.
When you are done with the above discussed, know that you have flashed Cyanogen Mod 10 which is AOSP Jellybean based on to your Motorola Atrix 2.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.