Here is the right time for you to root your Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i and get the bootloader unlocked with not much effort. The things to be noted, requirements and rooting procedure are discussed below. You can follow these instructions to get your device rooted and further apply a number of custom ROMs which are being unveiled for Tipo. Well, we hoped to implement the latest Android platform called Jelly Bean on the device. But, there is not availability of ETA for official release of Jelly Bean and we are really sorry for this.
• By rooting your device, it loses its warranty and so if you are a new Xperia Tipo user, you should not root.
• You should go for this rooting process if your device is old enough or if you are a user having excellent knowledge regarding the managing of Android for years.
• Sony Xperia Tipo
• PC having access to web so that you can download the required file.
• USB Data cable of your device.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• The root checker app from the Google PLAY must be installed.
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
1. Firstly, you need to download Tipo rooting package on to your PC.
2. Next, using appropriate extracting software, extract the downloaded file. You will accomplish the download with two separate files.
3. Using the USB data cable, connect your device with the computer. Open ‘RunMe.bat’ .exc file and go ahead.
4. On your keyboard, type ’4’ and press and this will initiate the process of rooting. Wait till the prompt message that the Xperia Tipo is rooted appears.
5. Now, disconnect the USB cable from your device and restore if any of the apps are deleted durig the process of rooting.
6. Finally, run the root checker app in order to verify that the device is rooted. Once verification results being successful, your device is rooted. If not rooted, start again from the third step of the instructions.
When you are done with the above discussed, know that your Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i is rooted.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.