If you are an owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 and GT-N7105 devices, you are lucky to be engulfing the awesome treat waiting for your devices from one of the members of the XDA Developers named as Chainfire. Now, you can easily root your Galaxy Note 2 device via the CF-Auto-Root package of Chainfire. The developer says that this package will make things new by just rooting the phablet but as a matter of fact, it will not tamper the recovery of the device. Well, do not worry as you will be provided with the SuperSU along with both binary and APK. With this, you will be able to get back the stock recovery on your phablet device.
Earlier, Chainfirehad come up with a rooting package named as the CF-Root and this enabled one to easily flash onto a phone. But, this CF-Auto-Root is noting different and is of the same kind. Follow the instructions below to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100 or GT-N7105 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• This will increase the binary flash counter of your device.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 or GT-N7105
• Windows PC
• Your PC must be installed with the handset USB drivers and you can also do this by installing Samsung Kies.
• Enable USB debugging on your device.
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all
your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
• Download: Odin3 v3.04 (Odin3_v3.04.zip, 457 kB)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to extract Odin3_v3.04.zip into a folder on your PC and what you will find is the Odin3 v3.04.exe file together with other system files inside the folder.
2. Now, you need to unzip the CF-Auto-Root-*.zip file so that you get a *.tar.md5 file. This you will require when you are running Odin later.
3. Switch off your device.
4. Next, you need to boot your phone to Download Mode and this you can do by holding down the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously and once you see the warnings screen, you should press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode.
5. Launch Odin on your PC.
6. Using USB data cable, connect your phone to your PC and you will see an “Added!” message appearing on the message box at the bottom-left corner of the Odin window.
7. Now, click on “PDA” and select the “*.tar.md5 file” which you extracted from the ZIP file earlier and do remember not to carry out any other changes except from the ones from this.
8. Click “Start” button in Odin in order to start and with this you will get a “Pass” message situated at the top-left part of the tool window once you have carried out the installation successfully. Here, your device will boot automatically when the installation is complete.
9. Now, just unplug your device from your PC once you see the “Pass” message in Odin.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100/GT-N7105.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.