Now is the right time for the flashing of ClockWork Mod recovery image on Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 as the package is rolled out. This device, the Galaxy Player 5.0 is a multimedia device based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread having a 5 inch display with facilities of audio video movies, music and many more. Special thanks to XDA developers and its member named as dimosthenisk, who came up with this rooting and CMW recovery installation process.
Things to be noted
• The warranty of your device is lost after rooting it but in fact provides a wide range of advantages as well.
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for international/U.S variant YP-G70CW/NAW
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (Android 2.3.6) and it should be U.S/ international variant
• PC with web access
• Original USB Data cable
• Install Samsung KIES so that the computer detects device
• USB Debugging must be enabled in order to connect the device
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your device.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process.
There are two ways or procedures
Instructions to install ClockworkMod Recovery
2. Next, you need to download ODIN3 v1.7 on to your computer and extract it and open it as well.
3. Turn off your Galaxy Player 5.0 and boot it into downloader mode. For this, connect your device to your computer with USB cable and press and hold the Volume down key by connecting the cable to the port and when connected, a message read as ‘Added’ appears in ODIN.
4. Navigate back to computer, select PDA button in ODIN and then select YP-G70-Kernel-r14.tar or the DD_01142012.tar file.
5. Select ‘Start’ in order to initiate the installation of the clockworkmod recovery.
6. Once the installation is complete, a message read as ‘PASS’ appears and your device is rebooted.
Instructions to Root Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
1. Firstly, you need to download Superoneclick zip file o to your computer and then extract it by using appropriate unzipping software.
2. Next, you need to enable the USB Debugging again.
3. Double click on the ‘Superoneclick .exe file’ and then select Root button.
4. Here, wait for a few minutes and the device gets rebooted to the normal mode and disconnects the USB cable.
When you are done with the above discussed, know that you have installed ClockWork Mod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.