In a preceding article, we had discussed of the Tutorial to Install XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. But, the users of this device can root and install the ClockWorkMod Recovery on their Galaxy GIO S5660 devices. If you are a user of this device, you need to unlock the network in order to continue to the process of rooting and the installation of CWM recovery.
Things to be noted
• Once you root your device, you lose the warranty of your device.
• But this brings the benefits of the update like having total control over your phone.
• Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660
• Computer system with web access
• Original USB data cable
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 60% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to download the rooting package on to your computer.
2. Then, you need to extract the downloaded zip file by making use of a unzipping software and this will provide you with three different files like cwm-126.96.36.199-ext4only-odin.tar.md5, GIO_v1.0.ops and Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.42.
3. Next, match these names with the names of the files you have downloaded. If any file seems to be missing, you need to download it again and extract it.
4. Now, open the ODIN on your computer and turn of your device.
5. Press Volume Down Key, Home Key and Power button simultaneously so that y our device enters into download mode.
6. Using the USB data cable of your device, connect your Galaxy GIO device to the computer.
7. With this, you will find the ID : COM section turning yellow and this implies that the drivers have been successfully installed.
In case the ID : COM section did not turn yellow, you will have to carry out the installation of your USB drivers on your computer and navigate to Settings> Wireless & Network> USB Settings. The Samsung KIES should be ticked before phone connection.
8. Click on ‘OPS’ and select GIO_v1.0.ops in ODIN. Now, tick out ‘One package’ and also click ‘One package’ tab.
9. Now, click on ‘cwm-188.8.131.52-ext4only-odin.tar.md5’ file and click on ‘start’ so that the process is initiated.
10. Once, the installation is done, the device reboots automatically. Download and install the Root checker app so that you can check whether your device is successfully rooted or not.
Once you are done with the above discussed steps, know that you have rooted and installed your Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 with ClockworkMod application.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.