Well, with great ease you can flash custom ROMs on your Android device, you can tweak the performance, flash mods and these are likely to change your device completely. The flashing of a custom ROM does also increase the flash counter and know that the binary flash counter is something by which Samsung monitors whether your device is flashed with any custom software or not. It also recognizes the number of time you flashed and this kind of counter is put into action in case of warranty claims. At times, there is a necessity of reverting your phone to stock firmware or setting the binary flash counter. Special thanks toXDA Developers member billard412 for coming up with a package which enables you get done both the things at a single go and this is also done with no external tools such as Odin. Follow the guide below to revert the Galaxy S3 L710 to stock Jelly Bean build LJ7 and reset flash counter.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SPH-L710 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (either 16-GB or 32-GB model) installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Download: stock Jelly Bean build LJ7 for 16-GB Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (LJ7_STOCK_WITH_COUNT_RESET16gb.zip, md5sum: 91eb35949a2fdf69eb6b15337e7d902c) and stock Jelly Bean build LJ7 for 32-GB Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (LJ7_STOCK_WITH_COUNT_RESET32gb.zip, md5sum: 79a70a5a636232e7ccb15199f096db27).
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the stock firmware package ZIP file to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your device.
3. Now, you need to reboot your phone into the ClockworkMod Recovery Mode and this you can do by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power keys together till your device boots into the recovery mode.
4. Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then you need to confirm the action on the next screen.
5. Select “Install ZIP from SD card.”
6. Select “Choose ZIP from SD card,” find out the stock firmware ZIP file and select it. Now, you should confirm the action on the next screen so that the flashing of the stock firmware starts and reset the phone’s flash counter.
7. Navigate back to the main menu and select “Reboot system now” so that your phone reboots.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is now reverted to the stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean build LJ7. With this, its flash counter has been reset to zero by now.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.