It is justified for HTC Sensation to have a faster and smoother OS and Jelly Bean obviously stands above all the platforms in terms of fastness and smoothness. Earlier, the HTC Sensation received a good number of custom ROMs for upgrades but this time it’s the unique ROM called the ParanoidAndroid ROM, on which the focus is completely put. With the flashing of this particular custom ROM, you will be facilitated with an option to scale down individual apps so that the home screen of your device gets the best suit. This is not only for the homescreen but also for other parts of the UI.
The ParanoidAndroid ROM is likely to accompany some bugs and issues as it is still under development. Well, a number of bugs were fixed by XDA Developers member DragunKorr and the ROM works quite well at present. You can follow the discussions below to flash Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via ParanoidAndroid ROM on your Sensation device.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for HTC Sensation and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• HTC Sensation installed with ClockworkMod Recovery and unlocked bootloader..
• Original USB cable of your device.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the ParanoidAndroid ROM, Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL, and the GApps packages to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Next, you need to boot you device into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. When a HBOOT menu appears on the screen, use Volume Down to select ‘Recovery’ and use the Power button to select the option. Press Volume Up and Power buttons together when the red warning triangle appears so that you enter Recovery Mode.
4. Then create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM and this you can create by going to ‘Backup and Restore’ and then select ‘Backup.’
5. Now, you need to select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card.’ With this, locate the Dragunkorr-WIPE-ALL file, select the file and on the upcoming screen, confirm the action in order to wipe all the data on your mobile phone.
6. Once the flashing of the wiping scripts are done, you need to install the ParanoidAndroid ROM as well as the GApps package in the same process as you did it in step 5.
7. When the installation is complete, you need to select ‘Go back’ and then select ‘Reboot system now.’ With this, your phone will reboot into the newly installed ParanoidAndroid ROM.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully installed the ParanoidAndroid ROM on your HTC Sensation.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.