The waiting for the update of the Jelly Bean platform is lessening as a good number of custom ROMs based on the Jelly Bean features and UI are being unveiled by developers and hence there is no need for most Samsung mobile users to wait for the official Jelly Bean update. Now, a custom ROM bringing features and performance of Jelly Bean has been unveiled for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 and is called as the TaStEoFbEaNs ROM. The name itself gives you an impression that the ROM provides you with the taste of the Jelly Bean with fastest and smoothest features and UI.
This TaStEoFbEaNs ROM accompanies features such as Sony Bravia Engine normally found in Xperia phones, gallery and camera features as that of the Galaxy Note 2 and many more. It is enhanced with butter-smooth interface along with a number of unique features but the presence of bugs is a must.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for the Verizon Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery & bootloader unlocked.
• Computer with web access
• Download: TaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM package (L18 V2.zip, md5sum: 3e2565cfe4708da7641fd212f80b4d32) on to your computer.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 75% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the TaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM package to the SD card of your phone.
2. Turn off your phone and boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. With this, the phone will enter into ClockworkMod Recovery.
3. Create a NANDroid backup of your ROM and this you can do by navigating to ‘Backup and Restore’ and select ‘Backup.’
4. Next, select ‘Wipe data/Factory reset’ and on the upcoming screen, confirm the action and wait for a few minutes so that the process is complete.
5. Now, you need to select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and then confirm the action on the next screen.
6. Navigate to the main menu and select ‘Advanced.’ Now, select ‘Wipe Dalvik cache’ and confirm the action on the upcoming screen.
7. Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card ’and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card.’ Now, navigate to theTaStEoFbEaNs Jelly Bean ROM file and select the file and then on the next screen, confirm the action so that the installation of the ROM initiates.
8. After the installation of the ROM is complete, select ‘Go back’ and choose ‘Reboot system now’ and with this, your phone will reboot into the newly installed TaStEoFbEaNs ROM.
9. Once your phone has rebooted, leave the ROM to settle down within about 5 minutes.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have sucessfully installed the Jelly Bean-based TaStEoFbEaNs ROM on to your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.