If you are a Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 owner, you can upgrade your device with Jelly Bean featured ROM named as the Slim Bean ROM. This ROM is one among the slimmest and most lightweight as it is very small in size having light resources and the useless stuffs are stripped off from it. Well, it assures you with the features of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. However, it presents with a smooth UI, actionable notifications, smart keyboard and many more features of the Jell Bean platform. As a matter of fact, this is not the authorized official ROM of Samsung and is likely to accompany some bugs.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G, model number SGH-I997 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery and currently running either on Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean platforms
• Computer with web access
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 75% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the downloaded ZIP files to the internal SD card of your device.
2. Now, turn off your phone and boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons simultaneously till the Samsung logo appears. Continue pressing the Volume keys till the phone enters into Recovery Mode. Use Volume buttons in order to navigate and use Power button in order to select an option in the recovery mode.
3. Next, select ‘Wipe data/Factory reset,’ and then select ‘Yes’ for confirmation of data wipe on the next screen.
4. Then select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and again confirm the action on the next screen.
5. Now, navigate to the main menu and select ‘Advanced.’ Here, select ‘Wipe Dalvik cache’ and then confirm the action on the next screen.
6. Navigate to ‘Mounts and Storage’ and then select ‘Format /system.’
7. Now, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card,’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card.’ Search out the downloaded ROM package file, select it and then select ‘Yes’ in order to confirm the installation on the next screen. With this, the installation of the ROM will be initiated.
8. Carry out step 8 once again and remember to select the GApps package file.
9. Once the installation of the ROM is complete, navigate to the main menu of the Recovery and this you can do by selecting ‘Go back’ and then selecting ‘Reboot system now’ so that your phone boots into the update.
Once you are done with the above steps, know that you have success fully installed the Slim Bean ROM on to your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.