Its quite amazing to here that Samsung, the well known mobile maker has officially unveiled the Google’s Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean platform for its international variant product called as the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This update of XXDLIB version is specified for the Poland region along with coverage in the Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom as well. However, the upgrade works on all the GT-I9300 models and is for the unbranded as well as non-carrier-locked devices.
Its official update is likely to be unveiled for the other regions as well in the coming days. The Galaxy S3 is good with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform but this upgrade will enhance the device to a higher level. This official Jelly Bean for GT-I9300 accompanies Project Butter based crazy-smooth display and performance along with smooth interface, modified Settings menu, new functional Notifications bar, Google Now and many more features.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3, model number GT-I9300 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
• A Windows PC with access to the web
• The USB drivers of your device must be installed on your PC and this you can do by installing Samsung Kies.
• On your device, enable USB debugging.
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your phone.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to extract the content of the XXDLIB update ZIP file and place it in appropriate location on your computer and mostly prefer the Desktop. The file ending in *.tar.md5. format is the most important file.
2. Now, you need to extract the contents of the Odin ZIP package into a folder located on your Desktop and then turn off your phone.
3. Now, boot your device into the Download Mode and this you can do by pressing and holding the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Press and hold the Home and Volume Down buttons till the device enters into Download Mode.
4. Next, double click on the executable file which you had extracted from the Odin ZIP file.
5. Using the USB data cable, you need to connect your phone to your computer and the Odin must detect your device. Once it detects, it will display “Added” in its message box. If no confirmation appears, know that your software has some trouble in the detection of the phone and hence you will have to reinstall the USB drivers of the phone.
6. Click the ‘PDA’ button in the Odin and then search for the *.tar.md5 file extracted by you from the update package earlier.
7. Load the file for PDA and leave the rest of the things in the Odin as it is. There is a “Re-partition” option which should not be ticked and hence keep this in mind.
8. Now, click ‘start’ in the Odin and with this the flashing of the ROM will start.
9. Wait for a few minutes till Odin displays a message as “PASSED” if your flashing is successful.
10. You device will automatically reboot and will be running with the new update.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build XXDLIB.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.