The Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 model had a locked bootloader due to which the device has not being getting custom ROMs. But since the bootloader was unlocked, there has been a lot ease for the developers to develop custom ROMs. Now, the developers have come up with the Jelly Bean custom ROMs. Now if you own this particular device, you should go for the MIUIAndroid ROM which is unveiled by XDA Developers member Bleelasa dn Special thanks to this community.
MIUIAndroid ROMs are accorded with amazing features which include specific apps such as home launcher, contacts, music, and many more. It is embedded with inbuilt themes which you can make use for your device. With this, you are likely to be facilitated with the features of MIUI and the benefits of the Jelly Bean.
Things to be noted
• The instructions provided below are only applicable for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3, model number SCH-I535 and hence you should not use these on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 with unlocked bootloader and installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Original USB data cable of your device.
• Downloaded file of the MIUIAndroid ROM for the I535 (BleeMIUI-2914-091712-alpha3-signed.zip, md5sum: ea6381bc50fd4b560d5af7938a7827a4)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 75% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the MIUI ROM to the SD card o your phone.
2. Turn off your phone and boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery and you can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power button simultaneously till the device is booted into the recovery mode. In order to navigate, use Volume keys and for selection of an option, use the Power button.
3. Create a NANDroid backup of your presently running ROM and this you can do by navigating to ‘Backup and Restore’ and select ‘Backup.’
4. Now, select ‘Wipe data/factory rest’ and confirm the action on the next screen and also wait for a few minutes till the process is complete.
5. Here, select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and then confirm the action on the next screen.
6. Again select ‘Advanced’ and from there itself, you need to select ‘Wipe Dalvik cache’ and confirm the action on the next screen.
7. Now, return to the main recovery menu and select ‘Install ZIP from SD card.’
8. Select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and goes to the MIUI ROM ZIP file and select the file confirming the action on the next screen. This will initiate the installation of the ROM on to your phone.
9. Once the installation of the ROM is complete, you need to select ‘Go back’ and then select ‘Reboot system now’ and your phone will be rebooted into the new MIUI ROM.
When you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 has been installed with MIUIAndroid ROM.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.