The custom Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROMs are being unveiled by developers for a number of devices and many are getting access to Jelly bean via custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod and AOKP. If you area an HTC Incredible S owner, you too are lucky to enjoy the features and User interface of Jelly Bean-based custom ROM. This custom ROM is called as the Jelly Bean EVOLUTION ROM and in fact, special thanks to XDA Developers and its member named as Nikhil007 who came up with this ROM on grounds of AOKP Jelly Bean sources.
This ROM delivers a high speed Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean experience along with customized features like configure under-the-hood settings and many more. As a matter of fact, this is not the official Jelly Bean ROM authorized by HTC and is a custom ROM which is running under a lot of development programs as there are bugs which need to be removed.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for the HTC Incredible S and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• HTC Incredible S installed with ClockworkMod Recovery and S-OFF
• Download: Jelly Bean Evolution ROM (Nik_Jellybean_Evolution.zip, md5sum: f8cf7a365351bac243cb808ab55bf42a) and GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip, md5sum: f62cfe4a827202899919fd932d5246d7)
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the ROM and GApps package ZIP files to the SD card of your device and then turn off you phone.
2. Now, boot your phone into the ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the phone boots into Bootloader Mode. Make use of the Volume buttons to highlight Recovery option and make selection using the Power button. In case you see a red warning triangle, then you need to press Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously to enter in to the Recovery Mode.
3. Make a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM so that you can put back your existing ROM if the custom ROM does not work on your device. You can create this backup by selecting ‘Backup and Restore’ and then selecting ‘ Backup again’ on the next screen. Now, navigate to the main recovery menu once the backup is complete.
4. Next, select ‘Wipe data/Factory reset’ and then on the next screen, select ‘Yes’ in order to confirm the data wipe.
5. Now, select ‘Wipe cache partition’ and confirm wipe on the action on the next screen.
6. Navigate back to the main menu and then select ‘Advanced.’ Here, select ‘Wipe Dalvik cache’ and
confirm the action on the next screen.
7. Navigate to ‘Go to Mounts and Storage’ and here, select ‘Format /system.’
8. Next, select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card.’ Now, browse for the downloaded ROM file and select it as well. With this, confirm installation by selecting ‘Yes’ on the next screen.
9. Here, what you need to do is repeat step 9 and for this time, you need to select the gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file in order to install the Google Apps package. Once the installation is done, navigate back to the main menu.
10. Finally, select ‘Reboot system now’ so that your phone boots into the new custom ROM.
Once you are done with the above instructions, know that you have successfully installed the Jelly Bean EVOLUTION ROM on your HTC Incredible S.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.