Earlier, android users were very much crazy of the Ice Cream Sandwich platform of Google and now it’s the Jelly Bean platform for which Android users keep wandering. But there is no Jelly Bean official update for the Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. However, custom ROMs do work a lot on these low end devices. Special thanks to XDA developers who came out with this custom ROM for this device. You can update your Galaxy GIO device with Android 2.3.6 based Adrenaline Custom ROM by following this article. This custom ROM provides with an ICS kinda User Interface along with smoothness and many more features which are listed below.
• The size of ROM is Ultra Lite with 81mb
• Bloatware free custom ROM
• Enhanced Battery backup
• Ads free & App2SD
• Enhanced touchscreen sensitivity
• Addition of Boot animation
• Addition of ICS transition animation
• The features of Adrenaline are CPU control and Boost system performance
• And many more
Things to be noted
• This custom ROM is only applicable on rooted Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 being installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• Download the below listed Google apps from Google Play and install them on to your PC.
Root checker app
ROM manager app
App manager app or any backup app
• Rooted Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660 being installed with CWM Recovery
• Computer with web access
• Original USB data cable of your device
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 75% so that it does not shut in between the process.
1. Firstly, you need to download Adrenaline custom ROM package on to your system.
2. Using a USB data cable, connect your device to your system and enable the USB Debugging.
3. Transfer the downloaded zip file to your SD card of your device.
4. Now, disconnect the USB cable and turn off your device.
5. Press and hold the menu button and power button simultaneously so that your phone enters into Recovery Mode. Or else you can also do this by switching on your device, then opening the ROM manager app in order to just run the recovery mode.
6. When you are in the Recovery Mode, select ‘install zip from sd card’, then elect ‘choose zip from sd card.’
7. Here, you need to wait for a few minutes so that the ROM gets installed in the Galaxy GIO device. Once installed, select ‘reboot system now’ so that the device boots in to the normal mode.
If you come across any trouble during the process or if you get stuck somewhere, then remove the battery and reinsert it and carry out the process from step 4.
Well, with this you have got the XWKT7 based Adrenaline Custom ROM installed on your Galaxy GIO S5660.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.