Verizon has rolled out a minor update for its recently released Motorola Droid Bionic smartphone. This new update ropes in a number of bug fixes that were noticed at purchase time. Several improvements like Bluetooth, PAN, black screen lockups, Verizon emergency call alerts have been included to this update. Other than bug fixes, this update also brings a variety of other features like National Plus Code Dialling, support WAV audio playback and some major makeover in Visual Mail function.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is not recommended for basic users but is for advanced users and is only applicable to Motorola Droid Bionic smartphones that are network unlocked. Do not apply it in any other I9000 models or in any other device as it might not be reversible and may harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the features and enhancements that come with this new update.
Features & Enhancements:
- Supports National Plus Code Dialing
- Bluetooth Personal Area Networks works fine
- Receive text messages alerts while you are on voice call without any interruption
- Enhanced audio when video is streamed to TV via HDMI connection
- Bluetooth audio has been enhanced
- Major improvements in device stability
- Verizon emergency alerts provided
- Improves battery life by saving power while using new applications
- Improvements in data connectivity and issues related to stability have been fixed
- Better download speed while using Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot
- When you pull out something from the notifications bar while playing the Youtube Video, it will resume from the point to where you had paused or to where it had stopped
- Composing a new visual voice mail message wont mute the voice calls
- Voice Mail messages can be saved to SD card
- Major improvements in Visual Voice Mail for message storage and deletion options
- Users can play WAV audio file on Droid Bionic
- Amazon Mp3 and VCAST App Store are pre installed on this firmware
You ought to backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup can help you replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Install 5.9.902 Software Update in Motorola Droid Bionic:
The firmware update will approximately take around 30 minutes of time to download the software and it depends on the network conditions. The software update file is approximately 58 MB of size. Follow the procedure below to update your Motorola Droid Bionic
Update Over the Air by Notifications:
Step-1: In case you have received any notifications either from Motorola or from Verizon then pull down the notifications bar, follow the on screen instructions and tap on the Install button. As soon as you do that, your phone will power off and a progress bar will be displayed along with a download icon that is nothing but the Downloading mode.
Step-2: After the process completes, the device will turn off again and you will receive notifications regarding the updation status.
Click on OK button when it is complete.
Over the Air Manual update
In case you haven’t received any notifications from Verizon then you can initiate the process by manually proceeding with the firmware update as mentioned below.
Step-1: From smartphone’s home screen click on Menu then choose Settings. Now click on About Phone and navigate to System Update then click on Download button.
Step-2: It will take some time for your phone to download the software update file so you have to wait till the download is complete. After downloading is complete, click on Install Now button.
Step-3: Now your phone will turn off and you will automatically land in Download mode. After the file installation is over, you will receive a confirmation in your phone.
In case you come across any error message like failed to install or any other error, then remove the battery and re insert it then power on the device and try once again with the firmware update. If you still face any issues then contact Verizon Wireless Customer care. Thus you can easily install 5.9.902 Software Update in Motorola Droid Bionic by following the steps mentioned above carefully.