Motorola Droid X has received a new software update by Verizon Wireless. This new software update is also known as 4.5.621 version and comes with a number of enhancements that let you make the most of your Droid X smartphone. We will be taking a look at the enhancemets in a short while. This new update improves the browser’s security with Google Security Patch.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is not recommended for basic users but is for advanced users and is only applicable to Motorola Droid X smartphone that are network unlocked. Do not apply it any other device as it might not be reversible and may harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the enhancemets that come with this new update.
The following are the enhancements included in this update:
- Security updates to browser with Google Security Patch.
- Fixes issues where the handset may power on without user interaction.
- Resolves possible device resets issues while playing music.
- Some adjustments to camera settings.
- Reduces memory errors
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail
- The phone is enabled for wireless alerting system
- Improved stability of music player reduces resets
- Shortcuts to application remain on the devices even though applications are moved to SD card.
- Improved 3G Mobile hotspot data connectivity
- Addresses errors that replicate thumbnails in message threads
- Errors are corrected where Yahoo! Mail notifications are not displayed properly
- Duplicate message errors
- Ability to access to access and receive GMail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on is improved
- The handset recognizes multimedia ringtones after purchase
Backup all user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will help you replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Install 4.5.621.MB810 OTA Update in Motorola Droid X:
There are two ways by which you can proceed with this update:
- OTA Server Initiated where you will receive a notification on your phone
- OTA User Initiated where users have to search for the upgrade options manually
We will check out each of the procedure in detail.
Steps to Update via OTA Server:
Over Air update is initiated by Verizon Wireless and you will receive an update notification in your smartphone. In case you have received any such notifications then tap on the Install button and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update in your phone automatically. During the updation process your phone would automatically reboot twice and the update would get installed.
Steps to Update via OTA User Initiated:
Users who did not receive any update notification in their mobile phones, can check for the update manually on their device itself. The software update is 15.2 MB of size and will take a maximum of 15 minutes to download and it is completely dependent on network conditions.
Step-1: From your home screen click on the Menu key and navigate through the path Settings > About Phone > System update then tap on Download button.
Step-2: After downloading of files is complete, click on Install now button and your device will restart. Now it will enter into Download mode and after the files are installed, it will automatically reboot .
After the update is successfully applied, you will receive a confirmation n your screen with an Ok message. In case you were not able to update this firmware successfully, then re-apply the procedure again from the beginning.
Thus you can easily install 4.5.621.MB810 OTA Update in Motorola Droid X smartphone by following the steps mentioned above carefully.