HTC might not have considered Desire smartphone legible te receive the ICS update but that’s not what the developers have in mind. Developers are now out wit
h a custom ROM that is quiet a stable firmware version of Gingerbread 2.3 with Sense UI 3.0. Even though this is not the official firmware version released by HTC, it comes with a host of features and enhancements that we will be taking a look at in a short while.
We wont be responsible for any harm caused to your device during the updation procedure that is unlikely to happen if you follow the instructions carefully. The updation procedure is not recommended for basic users but is for advanced users and is only applicable to HTC Desire smartphones that are network unlocked. Do not apply it in any other device as it might not be reversible and may harm the device by blocking it.
Let’s take a look at some of the enhancements that come with this update.
Enhancements & Features:
- Full Adreno 200 GPU rendering
- Completly optimized and tweaked
- Root (SU + SuperUser Permissions)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest Busy Box
- RAM, Speed optimizations
- GPU UI rendering enabled
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Battery auto-calibration
- Bloatware applications such as Amazon MP3, Sound Hound, etc are removed
- All system applications updated to the latest available
- Camera performance enhanced
- Enhanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zip aligned for improved RAM management
- Zip align on boot for user applications on data partition
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts support
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life
- Device partitions mounted and formatted as fast EXT4 file system
- SD card EXT4 partition support
- 4EXT Recovery
- A number of themes for my ROM and plenty of extras such as Advanced Power Menu or CRT
- Replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
You must backup all the user data present in your phone since chances of data loss or corruption are there. Having a backup will help you to replace the lost data if any damage occurs. Follow the link posted below to backup and restore all your data easily.
Steps to Update Android Revolution HD Custom ROM in HTC Desire:
Step-1: Enable USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Make sure that USB Debugging option is ticked.
Step-2: Download Android Revolution HD Custom ROM from the Must Have section to your computer and power off your smartphone to enter into Recovery mode. The Recovery mode can be entered by by pressing the Volume up key + OK button and holding both press Power button simultaneously . If the device boots into Normal mode then re-try to enter into Boot loader Mode by the same process till you are finally there.
Step-3: In Recovery mode choose the option of “Clear Storage” to clear off all the cache data present in your smartphone. Next select the options of select “install zip from SD Card” > “choose zip from SD Card” then choose the Android Revolution HD Custom ROM zip file placed in your smartphone.
Step-4: After the firmware is successfully updated, the device will rebooted or will land up in Recovery screen again. In Recovery mode screen select the option of “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Thus you can easily update your HTC Desire smartphone with the latest Android Revolution HD Custom ROM by following the steps mentioned above carefully.