HTC One S users are now provided with the option to update their devices with the new Jellybean based AOKP Custom ROM. This is a well known ROM such as the Cyanogen Mod ROMs and according to users; there are no bugs and issues. The details of the update and the flashing of ROM like things to note, requirements and instructions are discussed below.
Things to be noted:
• With this Update, Google search is enhanced by using voice recognition and smooth interface working.
• It is unofficial and but no bugs and issues are reported by users.
• Your device should powered by 1.5 GHz processor variant while being rooted and installed with TWRP recovery and bootloader should be unlocked.
• One-click toolkit will solve all these issues.
• PC installed with HTC Sync
• Original USB Data cable of the device
• Your Anti-Virus software may interrupt the rooting process. Hence, you need to uninstall all your antivirus suites on your computer as well as on your device.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process.
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 50% so that it does not shut in between the process.
1. Firstly, you need to download Jellybean 4.1.1 AOKP ROM on to your computer.
2. Next, download the Google Apps package on to your computer.
3. Now, download Fastboot.zip on to your computer.
4. Extract the fastboot.zip file in the C drive and also extract the boot.img in AOKP ROM zip. You will have up to 5 files in the folder.
5. Using the USB cable, connect your device to your computer and transfer the AOKP Jellybean ROM and Google Apps files to the SD card of your device.
6. Switch off your phone and reboot into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down key and Power button simultaneously. Use volume rocker to select the option and power button to confirm.
7. On your computer, open a command prompt by pressing CTRL+R (Run) and type “cmd.” In the boot.img file, enter the commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. Your device will be flashed with boot.img and Okay message appears in your command prompt. Now, in order to reboot you r device into bootloader mode, type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
9. Now, disconnect the USB cable and select the recovery option in your phone and select Wipe data/factory reset-> Install ZIP from SD card-> Choose ZIP from SD card. Select both the files that you had transferred to the SD card. Flash the files one after the other.
10. Finally, select Go Back and then ‘reboot system now’ option to boot into normal mode.
When you are done with the above discussed, know that you have updated Jellyeban 4.1.1 on your HTC One S.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.