With the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100m, people were like, “what a stuff…seriously amazing!” A lot of people are fascinated towards the style, processing power, display, and features of the device. This device is well known and thus, the developer community has come up with a lot of ROMs, mods, and hacks for the device. Here is an unofficial CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM unveiled for the Galaxy Note 2 and special thanks to XDA Developers members Dexter_nlb and imilka for unveiling this ROM. The ROM is in development and hence there may be some issues and bugs in terms of receiving calls using the Bluetooth headset. Follow the guide below to flash CyanogenMod 10 for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (unofficial).
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, model number GT-N7100 and hence
should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 installed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
• USB data cable of your device.
• Download: Unofficial CM10 ROM package (cm-10-20121105-build3-n7100-imilka.zip, MD5 Sum: c9a08a8829d699c8fb2abafb2401ed21) and GApps (Google Apps) package (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, md5sum: 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d).
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to copy the CyanogenMod 10 ROM package and the GApps package to the internal SD card of
2. Turn off your device.
3. Now, you need to boot y our device into ClockworkMod Recovery and this you can do by pressing and holding down the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously till the screen is turned on.
Keep in mind that you can make use of the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in recovery.
4. Create a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM and this you can do by navigating to “Backup and Restore” and select “Backup.”
5. Select “Wipe data/ Factory reset” and the next screen, you need to confirm the action.
6. Select “Install ZIP from SD Card.”
7. Select “Choose ZIP from SD Card” and go to the “cm-10-20121105-build3-n7100-imilka.zip” file and select it. On the next screen, you need to confirm the action so that the installation is initiated.
8. Once the ROM is installed, you have to install the GApps package in the same way as you did in steps 6 and 7.
9. Once GApps package is installed, you need to select “Go back” and then select “Reboot system now” and with this, your phone will be rebooted into the new ROM.
Once you are done with the above discussed instructions, know that you have successfully installed an unofficial port of CyanogenMod 10 on your Galaxy Note 2.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.