The Sprint LG Optimus G LG-LS970 can now be rooted as the XDA Developers’ members forum have come up with various ways. Its bootloader can be unlocked and even custom recovery can be installed. With this, the Optimus G becomes fertile in terms of Android development. Special thanks to XDA Developers member TheShadow1 for coming up with these methods to set your device free and with this, your phone can be found in one tool, the AIO tool for the Optimus G which is also called as the GAIO. This particular tool centralizes all the procedures of installation of the drivers, rooting, unlocking bootloader, installation of custom recovery of the Optimus G. You as a user, need to download the file to your Windows or Linux PCs and you should have Java installed and then you need to run the tool. Remember that GAIO is not compatible with version ZV9 firmware and thus its rooting is not possible. Well, TheShadow1 has plans to bring along features like removing root, re-locking the bootloader, and implementing the Reboot menu in the future of the tool. Follow the guide below to unlock the bootloader and root the Optimus G LS970.
Things to be noted
• The instructions discussed below are only applicable for Sprint LG Optimus G, model number LS970 and hence should not be applied on other devices.
• The instructions are for your learning and it is not guaranteed to work under your specific circumstances.
• Go through the total instructions before you go for the process of update.
• Sprint LG Optimus G LG-LS970.
• Windows or Linux PC with Java installed.
• Download: GAIO tool (GAIOv1.50.jar, 17.0 MB).
• Charge your device’s battery fully or up to 70% so that it does not shut in between the process.
• USB Debugging should be enabled on your device and this you can do by going to “Settings,” then selecting “Developer Options,”and tick the “USB Debugging” option.
• Back up all your important data and files so that you don’t lose them during the process and you can do this with the backup app and then restore later.
1. Firstly, you need to connect your Optimus G device to your PC and you should make sure that your device is in the “Charge Only” mode.
2. Double-click on the “GAIO tool” on your computer to launch it.
3. If you are on Windows, you need to click “Install Windows LG Driver” in order to download and install the drivers of your device.
4. Select “Root LG Optimus G” to root your device.
5. Select “Unlock Bootloader” to unlock the bootloader of your Optimus G.
6. Select “Install Custom Recovery” in order to install the custom recovery of your choice.
7. Now, when you are booting your device into Fastboot, the Fastboot menu is not likely to be seen though its present there. You need to press Volume Down twice to access Recovery Mode.
When you are done with the above discussed steps, know that your Sprint LG Optimus G LS970 has been rooted and made free.
DISCLAIMER: Note that you are following these instructions at your own risk and make sure that we are not liable for any damage caused to your device due to the instructions provided in this guide.